If you are an adult student and/or a military/veteran, welcome to SPSU! Adult students have always been an important part of the SPSU student population. SPSU was started in 1948 as a branch campus of Georgia Tech to offer evening programs to adult and military students after World War II. While our location (Chamblee to Marietta) has changed, our programs have expanded, our campus has matured, and our numbers have grown, adult students are still a major focus.
This website is designed to pull together information pertinent to our adult and military populations to help you discover your options at SPSU, find services and resources appropriate to your needs, identify people who can help, determine ways SPSU can do a better job of focusing on your needs.
Explore this site and let us know how we can improve our services and better communicate with you. The site contains the following sections:
– provides specific names and contact information for adult and military students
Adult Learner Services
– lists a variety of services designed for adult students
Soldiers 2 Scholars
– focuses on all our military programs and services and links you to relevant sites
Prior Learning Assessment
– explains how adults can seek credit for their work and life experiences based on Portfolio Assessment
– describes SPSU’s involvement in the USG Adult Learning Consortium
– provides links to information on the SPSU website to help you get admitted, registered, apply for financial aid, etc.