Saving and Sending Your City
Important: Please send the entire Medium City region folder to ensure that all changes you have made to your region are seen by the judges. Failure to do so may result in your city scoring lower.
- Login to the operating system using your account.
If you do not login using the same user account that you used to create your city, it will not appear. You must use the same account when logging in every time.
- Browse to your "My Documents" ("Documents" on the Apple version) folder and locate the "SimCity 4" folder, and finally the "Regions" folder inside of the SimCity 4 folder.
If the "SimCity 4" folder is not there, make sure that you are logging in with the same account you have been using to create your city.
- Right click on the folder with the same name as your region. Go to "Sent To" and then click on "Compressed (zipped) Folder".
If you are using an Apple computer, you may perform the same process by Control-clicking on the folder and selecting "Create Archive".
If you do not know the name of your region, you can find the name by opening SimCity 4. In the bottom area of the screen that you select your city from, you will see your region name.
- Another file will appear alongside your region folder with the same name as your region. This is the file that you need to send to submit your city. It is recommended that you rename the new file with a name that will identify the school and city name. For example, if your main city was called Defactoville and you are from Southern Polytechnic Middle School, you could rename the file "Southern Poly - Defactoville".
To rename a file, right click on it, and select "Rename" or press F2 with the file selected. If you are on an Apple computer, pressing the Enter key with the file selected will begin the rename process. You can then type in your name for the file. When you are finished, press the Enter key.
- In order to properly submit your city, you must submit the entire region that your city is located in. The zip file you have just created and renamed will be the file that you submit.
To send your city, please visit the following address and attach your file using the file attachment tool: https://larissa.spsu.edu/file/exchange.pl . Please enter email@example.com into the destination field.
Please fill in all optional information. It is important that we identify which school sent the file as well as the city name. Any other identifying information is also helpful.
- Once you have received the confirmation, your city has been submitted for the 2012 Georgia Regional Future City Competition. Congratulations!
Although either method will work, it is recommended that you submit it online to ensure safe and fast delivery. Please mail the CD in safe packaging to:
Academic Support Center, C-133
Southern Polytechnic State University
1100 South Marietta Parkway
Marietta, GA 30060